ExcelRecovery from Recoveronix Ltd. (www.officerecovery.com)
- Supports all modern file versions, including Excel XP, Excel 2000, Excel 97, Excel 95 and Excel 5.0.
- Recovers cell data: text and numbers as well as formulas.
- Restores formatting.
- Restores structure of multi-sheet files.
- State of the art recovery engine, designed to fix worst injuries.
- Easy to use. No special user skills required.
- Available for all modern platforms: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME.
Using ExcelRecovery As A Standalone Application
1. Start ExcelRecovery.
2. Select the Recover... item in the File menu. A file selection dialog will open.
3. Select the file corrupted to recover.
4. Press the "Recover" button to start processing the file.
5. Wait until the file processing is completed.
6. When prompted, save the recovered file, assigning it a new name.
Actual results of recovery depend on how damaged a particular document is.
Other Excel File Repair or Recovery software:
Advanced Excel Repair (from DataNumen)
Advanced Excel Repair is a powerful tool to recover corrupted Excel XLS and XLW files. It uses advanced technologies to scan the corrupted Excel files and recover your data in them as much as possible, so to minimize the loss in file corruption. Main features include: recovers cell data including texts, numbers, and formulas; restores structure of multi-sheet files; restores worksheet names; recovers Excel files on corrupted medias, such as floppy disks, Zip disks, CD-ROMs; repairs a batch of Excel spreadsheet files; supports integration with Windows Explorer, so you can fix a XLS file with the context menu of Windows Explorer easily; supports drag & drop operation; supports command line parameters.
Excel Workbook Rebuilder (from vbusers.com)
The Workbook Rebuilder has been highly recommended on several Microsoft newsgroups. The rebuilder fixes corrupt workbooks and overcomes many problems including unexplained errors and Excel locking up while saving and opening workbooks.